Cultivating webtoon writers, 2D/3D animators,concept designers, writers, art directors, and art educators
Overview of the department
The Department of Cartoon and Animation offers specialized courses ranging from basic art such as drawing and painting to published manga, webtoon, 2D/3D animation, illustration and concept art, children's art, and art therapy. We aim to cultivate experts and instructors in the art field. The department provides a curriculum so that students can study specialized major courses after acquiring basic abilities based on pure art. And as a subdivided curriculum, there are webtoon/illustration major track, animation/video major track, and drawing/painting major track. In addition, specialized roadmaps, professional qualifications, and professional certificates are provided for each major track. Students of the department can take all classes in the Department regardless of each major track, and it is advantageous to receive related certificates if you take the classes mainly listed on the major track roadmap.
The Webtoon/Illustration Major Track, the first to be established in Korea, provides comprehensive and balanced education to students aspiring to be webtoon writers and planners, and opens the way to debut as a real writer. The Animation/Video Major Track provides a specialized curriculum focused on practical work to improve the ability to plan and produce works. The Drawing/Painting Major Track provides a balance between art practice and basic theory subjects for students who want to major in fine art, and allows them to solidify the basics of Fine Art. In addition, if you meet the credit acquisition requirements, you can obtain professional qualifications such as children's art instructors, digital comics experts, and concept art design experts officially registered in the Ministry of Education and Culture. The first concept design specialist certificate in Korea will provide practical classes and empower you to play an active part in the rapidly growing concept art field in games, movies, animations and webtoons.
The Department of Cartoon
Characteristics of the department
- The only department in Korea that has practical facilities and programs at the level of offline universities among cyber universities.
- Webtoon/cartoon related facilities: Wacom Cintiq 22HD facility and environment with which students can directly produce and edit webtoons
- Animation-related facilities: programs and computer facilities that can produce 2D and 3D computer animations
- Drawing/painting related facilities: Lecture room for nude drawing, easel for painting work, etc.
- Classes and special lectures by Sejong University's faculty members
Support for offline activities and special lectures such as Hell Camp by Professor Hyun-Se Lee
- Special lectures to encourage students to advance to graduate school, get a job, and become webtoon writers provided
- A variety of special lectures on subjects like graduate school entrance, corporate employment, and overseas employment
- Special training lectures by famous webtoon writers
EX) Special lectures by Professor Yoon Tae-ho, ‘Misaeng’ and ‘Moss’. Special Lecture by Ho-min Joo, “With God”
- Support for obtaining professional qualifications and certificates
- Certificates such as digital cartoon expert, children's art instructor, concept art design expert, etc.
- Actively support the acquisition of certificates of animation planning experts, digital painting experts, illustration design experts, etc.
- Specialized curriculum and basic art subjects provided
- Curriculum to learn specialized knowledge for webtoon, 2D/3D animation, concept art, and illustration
- Basic art courses to improve basic skills
- Courses and guidance for acquiring the certificate of children's art instructors
- A variety of offline learning opportunities
- Offline special lectures by experts from various fields are held regularly in addition to offline classes according to the class characteristics
- Hosting various special lectures such as nude croquis, outdoor sketch, concept art practice, webtoon/cartoon production, etc.
- Produced a large number of graduates such as directors, writers, designers and PDs in the fields of cartoon, animation, and games
- Active support for offline activities and meetings within the department