Sejong Cyber University Department of Korean Language educates expertswho will lead the age of globalization with the Korean language
The Department of Korean Language nurtures experts equipped with specialized and systematic knowledge of the Korean language and Korean culture.
- The department nurtures competent Korean language teachers through curriculum that meets the requirements of Korean language teachers' qualifications as set forth by the Framework Act on Korean Language
- and multicultural society experts who understand the phenomenon of a multicultural society and lead society integration at the age of the multiculture.
- and professional reading and essay writing teachers who has literary attainments and reading/essay writing capability.
- Supporting the acquisition of various certificates/completion certificates related to Korean language education
- Korean language teacher certificate - level 2, reading and essay writing teacher certificate, and completion certificate of multicultural society experts - level 2 can be acquired
- Linking all students to education practice
- Conducting Korean language education practice in connection with Sejong University's International Education Center/Linking with training institutions for local and foreign residents
- Dispatching students as an Intern Korean language teacher to overseas countries
- In cooperation with Sejong University's International Education Center, students are dispatched to Vietnam and Malaysia as an intern teacher to provide an opportunity of overseas training practice.
- Korean culture experience and exploration program
- Conducting field experience and exploration for the in-depth learning of the Korean culture
- Overseas voluntary service
- Korean language education service activities and cultural excursions mainly in Vietnam and Laos
Characteristics of the department
- Overseas service activities and local culture exploration
- Overseas service and cultural exploration in Vietnam and Laos during summer vacation/Spring and autumn historical/cultural exploration by area
- Learning and career guidance through various offline activities
- Field-oriented education and career guidance through Korean language education workshop, open lectures, Korean education study, and Korean language education service for multicultural families