Healing and communication through art, and understanding and psychotherapy through art, Department of Art Therapeutics
The Department of Art Therapeutics was newly established this year and studies human understanding and healing using the media such as art, music, drama, film, and literature. The department provides art techniques through the curriculum opened in an integrated manner, while studying various theories of psychotherapy, and strengthens professional competence by holding field-oriented workshops.
Characteristics of the department
Military psychological counseling has been conducted since 2005, as the adaptation problem of new generation soldiers in the military organization, where the organizational and group competence are emphasized, became an important issue in our society. For this reason, the need for counseling for police officers and victims is on the rise due to the increasing number of various crimes. In response, the Department of Coaching Counseling for Military and Police is fostering consulting specialists specialized in military organization and correction area by
- Nurturing art therapy experts having both professional knowledge and field experience
- Nurturing various psychotherapy specialists such as art therapy, music therapy, film and drama therapy, and literature therapy
- Nurturing art therapy experts with the curriculum that including field training, by reflecting the recent rends as well as the psychotherapy therapy.
- Supporting happiness and healthy mental of the students
- Supporting the mental health of the students by holding art therapy workshop, color therapy expert course, art therapy course that treats pain and mourning, and psychological drama workshop.