Department of Child Development & Intervention Nurturing child care field specialists who help the healthy growth of infants and their parents
Nurturing childcare field specialists
The Department of Child Development & Intervention nurtures experts in the childcare field with an emphasis on the integrated approach to field practice studies, besides the theoretical aspect related to child development, childcare, and children education, focusing on the ecological system of children, family, and educational environment, in order to train specialists who help the healthy growth of the children. In addition, all courses are prepared for the acquisition of second-level childcare teacher certification, such as the curriculum tailored to the second-level childcare teacher certification that has been tightened since 2017, class operation plan for 9 subjects that are composed of face-to-face education, and the development of the academic affairs system.
Composing the curriculum needed for re-education of childcare teachers
Unlike the children-related departments of other schools that focus on the training of childcare teachers, the department provides the subject dealing with the matters that are practically needed by the teachers who are currently engaged in childcare field. Refresher training programs will help students in growing into an expert in the childcare field.
Characteristics of the department
Excellent faculty with a top-class doctorate at home and abroad, who has both field experience and academic knowledge, provides high quality lectures.
Certificates can be acquired at the same time of course completion
- National certificate : Childcare teacher - level 2, youth leader - level 2, Healthy family counselor, Youth counselor - level 3, career counselor - level 2
- Private certificates : After-school child guidance specialist - level 2, Child counseling사 - level 3, home welfare counselor - level 2, school violence prevention instructor
- Private certificates : Child play counseling specialist, Child and family counseling specialist, child art instructor, parent education specialist, self-directed learning coaching instructor
- Completion : Childcare center CEO, English education specialist for children, Multicultural society specialist - level 2, self-directed learning coaching instructor
Double major is allowed.
Sejong Cyber University allows students to do a double major among the subject that students want.
e.g.,) Department of Child Development & Intervention + Department of Social Welfare
Sharing educational Infrastructures with Sejong University, Sejong University Graduate School entrance program
Students can receive a scholarship if they enter Sejong University Graduate School after graduation, and share lectures and various facilities including the library with Sejong University.
Various scholarships and opportunities for overseas study and exploration
- Operating various school/external scholarship programs such as excellent result scholarship, scholarship for the worker, scholarship for the disabled, and learning place scholarship.
- Offering domestic training and overseas exploration opportunities
Signing an MOU with childcare training institutes
Providing smooth childcare training by signing an MOU with childcare practice sites so that students can obtain childcare teacher certificates without difficulty.
Characteristics of the department
Child care teachers and early childhood education specialists
- Childcare teacher - level 2
- Healthy family counselor
- After-school child guidance specialist
- Child counseling사 - level 3
- home welfare counselor - level 2
- Child play counseling specialist
- Child and family counseling specialist
- Child art instructor
- Parent education specialist
- Childcare center CEO course
- English education specialist for children
- Multicultural society specialist
Youth coaching and guidance specialists
- Youth leader - level 2
- Youth counselor - level 3
- Career counselor - level 2
- School violence prevention instructor
- Self-directed learning coaching instructor
Sejong University Graduate School entrance program
- Department of Early Childhood Education, Sejong University Graduate School of Education
- Department of Counseling Psychology, Sejong University Graduate School of Education
- Depart of Social Welfare, Sejong University Graduate School of Public Policy