Acquiring specialized social welfare skills, theory, and practical capability, and nurturing competent social welfare specialists and social welfare counseling specialists.
The department nurtures social welfare specialists who have both social welfare knowledge and creative practical ability needed to help the social function improvement of individuals, families, groups, organizations, and local community. Students can learn specialized social welfare practice technology and knowledge about providing social welfare services, based on a common understanding of social welfare.
- Training social workers who practice comprehensive services throughout social welfare and take the lead in the development and improvement of ethical social welfare policies and systems.
- Training social workers who are capable of planning, operating, evaluating, and transferring social welfare services effectively, based on the understanding on social welfare needs in the local community.
- Training social welfare counseling specialists who have both social welfare knowledge and counseling theory and practice.
- Training senior citizen welfare specialists who have knowledge and policy development capability about long-term care knowledge, which is required in an aging society.
- Training multicultural society experts who have practical capabilities to effectively transfer social welfare services to multicultural families, with knowledge and skills related to multiculturalism required for a multicultural society.
Employment and career: Social worker, social service civil servant, social welfare researcher, elderly counseling specialist, child and youth counseling specialist, rehabilitation counseling specialist, social welfare counseling specialist, multicultural society specialist
Characteristics of the department
Programs linked to Department of Social Policy, Graduate School of Sejong University (master's degree course in social welfare)
- Implementing overseas social welfare field training
- Operating an examination preparation class (social worker - level 1).
- The admission fee and 30% of the registration fee will be exempted if the graduate enters Graduate School of Public Policy at Sejong University.
- Holding graduate school entrance guidance meeting on a regular basis.
Sudents can acquire specialized certificates and certificates that reflect the characteristics of the department.
- National certificate
- Social worker - level 2 (Social worker - level 1 can be obtained after passing the national examination after acquiring the level 2)
- Private certificates : Elderly recreation - level 2, home welfare counselor - level 2, silver coaching counselor
- Completion: Multicultural society specialist - level 2(Managed by the Ministry of Justice and the completion certificate is issued under the name of the dean of Sejong Cyber University), welfare counseling specialist, elderly welfare counselor, welfare facility manager
Regular offline classes and special lectures more than 3 times a month
Social worker competence strengthening program, offline class, special lecture and regular guidance for graduate school entrance
- Supporting practice by cooperating with 800 organizations nationwide regarding social welfare practice
Active autonomous student activities
Welfare facility management study group, regular mentors and mentees meeting for graduates and students, various local meetings (Incheon, Gwangjin & Guri, Seongbuk & Noon, Seongnam & Bundang, Ilsan, etc.), sel-help meeting of visually handicapped students (New Age), volunteer club (Sesabong, Seomgimi).