Nurturing social welfare facility management experts who can operatesocial welfare institutions and facility efficiently and effectively.
Nurturing social welfare facility management experts who has ethical social welfare value and ability of managing institution and facility efficiently and effectively, to meet the social service needs of individual, family, and local community. Students can learn specialized social welfare practice technology and knowledge about social welfare facility management, based on a common understanding of social welfare.
- Nurturing welfare facility management experts having social welfare policy, administration, management knowledge, and practical social welfare technology for the rational management of social welfare organization and establishment of social welfare facilities.
- Nurturing experts who can manage welfare facilities for senior citizens with field skills such as theories, methods, management strategies, and management methods necessary for the administration of welfare facilities for senior citizens.
- Nurturing experts who can manage children's welfare facilities that support the children with the value of respect for children so that they can grow in their family and society in a healthy and happy way.
- Nurturing experts who can manage welfare facilities for the disabled to guarantee the rights of the disabled and support their self-reliance, by assigning a value to the social integration and the guarantee of human dignity life of the disabled.
Employment and career: Social welfare facility manager, elderly welfare facility management specialist, child welfare facility management specialist, disabled welfare facility management specialist, social welfare facility management consultant
Characteristics of the department
Programs linked to Department of Social Policy, Graduate School of Sejong University (master's degree course in social welfare)
- Implementing overseas social welfare field training
- Operating an examination preparation class (social worker - level 1).
- The admission fee and 30% of the registration fee will be exempted if the graduate enters Graduate School of Public Policy at Sejong University.
- Holding graduate school entrance guidance meeting on a regular basis.
Sudents can acquire specialized certificates and certificates that reflect the characteristics of the department.
- National certificate
- Social worker - level 2 (Social worker - level 1 can be obtained after passing the national examination after acquiring the level 2)
- Private certificates : Elderly recreation - level 2, home welfare counselor - level 2, silver coaching counselor
- Completion: Multicultural society specialist - level 2(Managed by the Ministry of Justice and the completion certificate is issued under the name of the dean of Sejong Cyber University), welfare counseling specialist, elderly welfare counselor, welfare facility manager
Regular offline classes and special lectures more than 3 times a month
Social worker competence strengthening program, offline class, special lecture and regular guidance for graduate school entrance
- Supporting practice by cooperating with 800 organizations nationwide regarding social welfare practice
Active autonomous student activities
Welfare facility management study group, regular mentors and mentees meeting for graduates and students, various local meetings (Incheon, Gwangjin & Guri, Seongbuk & Noon, Seongnam & Bundang, Ilsan, etc.), sel-help meeting of visually handicapped students (New Age), volunteer club (Sesabong, Seomgimi).