Nurturing experts who will integrate marketing, advertising, and PR into one and connect them online/by digital.
The Department of Digital Marketing has integrated marketing, advertising, and public relations, which are traditionally divided into separate departments, into a single curriculum. The reason is that (1) the three fields are closely linked in the business field, (2) contents are now being linked and integrated into one on the Internet/mobile, and (3) the trend is that related industries are being reorganized accordingly. Differentiated classes are provided from 2018, such as SNS marketing, search advertising, content marketing, and marketing data analysis, taking into account the online/digitization trends of the three areas.
- The first and only marketing/
advertising and promotion
specialist course in Korea
- Online/Offline linkage
SNS, Blog Seminars,
supplementary classes, MT
- Deepening / application
curriculum, teaching /
lecturer with theory /practice
- Guidance for graduate school
entrance, related company/
institution cooperation network
Characteristics of the department
Orienting online and offline, analog and digital convergence
- Today, not only the middle-aged, but also new generations such as Generation Y and Generation Z are choosing online or offline depending on the situation. Therefore, marketing/advertising/public relations should pursue convergence marketing that organically connects the traditional analog method/media (e.g., offline shop) and digital method based on the Internet/mobile (e.g., various SNS).
- This requires an understanding of the traditional theories of marketing/advertising/public relations as well as the various means provided by the digital technology.
Responding to the spread of digital transformation and digital marketing
- Since the 2010’s, the digitalization of all industries is accelerating with the spread of smart devices, development of AI, big data, cloud, mobile, 3D printing technology, and shared economic businesses like Uber and Airbnb. The application of new means is also spreading in the marketing arena, such as O2O, Omni channel, showrooming and reverse showrooming, artificial intelligence-based chatbot/voice secretary, AR/VR advertisement, and digital signage.
- “Semahong” responds to social demand by opening various courses such as Understanding the Fourth Industrial Revolution, Online Marketing Practice, Big Data Management, Content Marketing, Search Advertising Practice, Digital Marketing Strategy, and Marketing Data Analysis.
Nurturing leaders who understand both theory and practice, and good at emotional exchange and collaboration
- Trying to link theory and practice, and school and field through offline seminars and symposiums, besides regular online classes.(e.g.,) Presentation of the 4th Semahong Symposium -1: Changes in Advertising Industry (Dr. Lee Chungwu, Ildong Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.)Presentation of the 4th Semahong Symposium -2: Changes in Marketing Process (Lee Guhwan, director of YDM Center)
- Also, a wide range of offline programs are operated at the department level (e.g., seminars / lectures, supplementary classes, company visits, club activities, local meetings, etc.), besides the school-wide membership training, sports events, festivals, and concerts at the school level.