Sejong Cyber University that leads the service industry in the 21st century Department ofHotel and Tourism Management
A birthplace of differentiated hotel tourism management education
As the service industry dynamically changes in the 21st century, a demand on positivistic specialists is also increasing. The Department of Hotel Tourism Management opens three major courses specialized in hotel management, tourism and leisure management, and flight services, and nurtures the global service talents with competitiveness, creativity, and leadership through the systematic and professional curriculum.
- Nurturing specialized managers having global competitiveness based on expert knowledge in hotel, tourism, and flight services.
- Nurturing operation specialists who can provide efficient services in response to dynamic changes in the hotel, tourism, and aviation industry.
- Nurturing service leaders who actively practice sharing and considering services based on the knowledge of hotel tourism management.
Employment and career: Hotelier, international conference planner, event planner, convention planner, duty-free shop operator/manager, medical tourism coordinator, cultural tourism-related researcher, leisure company owner/manager, overseas travel guide, tourist interpretation guide, travel business owner/manager, aviation industry operator/manager, event planner/manager, cultural heritage commentator, government office operator/manager, hospitality service specialist, service instructor, service consultant, professor
Characteristics of the department
Providing quality education contents with the Sejong faculty best at home and abroad.
Lectures by full-time professors with the best academic background and experience from the world's best hotel-related colleges, such as Cornell University (world’s best college related to hotel and tourism), Houston University, Universite de Sorbonne in Paris, French, and Le Cordon Bleu (French traditional cookery school); Korea’s best chefs in 2014; and professors of the Hotel Tourism Management College in Sejong University.
Establishing a graduate school entrance support system for master's and doctoral degree.
- Exempted from the entrance fee and 30% tuition fee reduction as a scholarship every semester, if the student enters the Graduate School of Tourism or Graduate School of Industry in Sejong University.
- Granting a scholarship if the student enters the EMU (Eastern Michigan University) MBA course.
Supporting the acquisition of certificates and completion certificates related to the major.
- Government-certified certificates: Hotel manager, hotel service employee, domestic travel guide, tourist interpreter, convention organizer (level 1, 2), international medical tourism coordinator
- Private association certificates: Airline reservation - level 2, airline ticketing - level 2, IATA (International Air Transport Association) certificate, ServSafe Certification (food safety manager), WSET wine sommelier certificate, coffee barista certificate
- SJCU certificate: Leisure and cultural event organizer
- SJCU completion certificate: Hotel employee manager, cultural tourism commentator, hotel management major course, tourism leisure management major course, aviation service major course.
Strengthening networking through active club activities.
- Jump up: A graduate school entrance support club that expands the scope of knowledge and takes various discussion classes on a regular basis (on the third Thursday of the month).
- Aurum: Practicing sharing and communication by donating student’s talents on the first Thursday of each month.
Running the overseas exchange student program and overseas and local cultural exploration program.
- Went to China for study using the overseas college exchange student program first in 2009, by the recommendation of the school.
- Currently, many students are studying at Central China Normal University on a scholarship.
- Universities that operates the exchange student program: Griffith University in Australia and Central China Normal University in China.
- Overseas and local cultural exploration: Visiting various cultural and historical sites and related companies at home and abroad.
Building a hybrid education system.
- Identifying the latest industry trends by holding seminars and lectures on a regular basis.
- Experiencing online/offline integrated hybrid education through festivals/athletic competitions that are the best part of school life, and membership training that is full of romance.
- Live lectures to communicate with professors and students in real time
- Sharing the Sejong University library system.
- Sharing the industry information and strengthening networks using the network between students and graduates, arranging employment, and supporting business starting activities.
Playing a role of re-training of industrial manpower based on industry-university collaboration.
Played a pivotal role in the retraining system of the industrial manpower by signing various distant education agreements with enterprises including Korean Air, Shinsegae, Samsung, CJ Food, Daemyung Leisure, and Hotel Tourism Union, beginning with the Korea Tourism Association in 2002.
About 13Of the graduate received master's degree or doctorate degree after graduation from Sejong University Graduate School of Tourism and and Graduate School Industry, Korea University Graduate School of Management, Yonsei University, Elf University Graduate School in Canada, Tokyo Public Graduate School in Japan, graduate schools of domestic universities (Sungkyunkwan University, Sungkyunkwan University, Hanyang University, Kyunghee University, Sookmyung Women's University, Kyonggi University, Korea University, Dankook University, Dongguk University, Konkuk University, Kyungwon University, Chungang University, Hongik University, Sungshin Women's University, Dongduk Women's University, Seoul Venture University, Pukyong University, Inha University, Incheon University, Suwon University, Daejin University, Yeungnam University, Kyungpook University, Chonnam University, Korea Air University, Hanseed University, Jeju University).