Nurturing information security specialists who is responsible fora safe and smart IT society.
The Department of Information Security was established in 2002, first among cyber universities. In 2012, Graduate School of Information Security was established for organic linkage between the undergraduate and graduate school. As the world’s first and only department specialized in information security, the department nurtures the best information security specialist who understand both theory and practice using systematic learning opportunities.
The curriculum is sub-divided into three specialist courses by reflecting the security requirements of the fourth industrial revolution era - hacking/virus, cyber-criminal investigation, and industrial security. Students can learn theory and practice by studying under the best faculty, using various methods such as offline lessons to deepen online classes, special lectures and seminars of the best information security experts at home and abroad, operation of the graduate school entrance class, operation of the license preparation class, giving opportunities to participate in national projects, operation of information security research institute.
- Improving the ability of responding to breach incidents by taking part in various types of hacking or hacking defense contests.
- Focusing on systematic theory and practice by building on online practice system.
- Encouraging students to learn about knowledge and information on the latest trends by inviting practice experts.
- Supporting hacking/ virus-related clubs
- Cooperating with the Public Prosecutors' Office or the National Police Agency to cultivate practical business skills that can cope with various cyber-crimes committed in cyberspace.
- Opening short intensive courses for concentrated training.
- Acquiring information on the latest companionship and linking with external short-term education programs.
- Operating specialized training courses to cultivate practical business skills.
- Promoting specialization education that meets various industrial needs.
- Developing an eye for operation, law, and policy by operating intensive training courses on the information security policy for the executives or managers.
- Nurturing professional manpower in response to various industrial needs.
- National infrastructure security: Power grid vulnerability analysis, cyber network attack
- Customer privacy protection
- Home network, smart products: Access control, user authentication, privacy protection
- Enterprise security: Enterprise leakage, intrusion detection, security element monitoring
Characteristics of the major
Graduate school entrance
- Signed an MoU with Korea University Information Security Research Institute (2011).
- Signed an MoU with Kookmin Univ. Information Security Research Institute MOU (2011).
- Status of graduate school entranceSejong Cyber University Graduate School of Information Security (19 persons), Graduate School of Information Security/Graduate School of Computer Information and Communication, Korea University (6 persons), Konkuk University Graduate School of Information and Communication (13 persons), Dongguk University International Information Graduate School (8 persons), Graduate School of Information Communication, Sungkyunkwan University (4 persons); and graduate schoool of Sogang University, Chungang University, Dankook University, Soongsil University, Ajou University, and Kwangwoon University
Supporting short and long-term educational programs
- Next-generation security leader nurturing program (BoB) of the Korea Information Technology Research Institute (KITRI): 2nd term BoB 2 (1 person), 3rd term BoB (1 person), information security specialist soldier - 4th term BoB 4 (1 person)
- Practical cyber security expert K-Shield (KISA): Supported 2nd term K-Shield (1 person), 5 persons in 2015.
- Password Forum/Information security specialist training
Certificate preparation class
- CISSP: Opening the subjects related to the CISSP certificate (Shortcut: http://www.cisspkorea.or.kr/)
- CISA: Shortcut to CISA certification related course operation: (http://www.isaca.or.kr/info/cisa.asp) Information security engineer (Shortcut: https://kisq.or.kr/)
- Preparing contest exhibits at home and abroad
Password contest exhibit
- Korea Password Forum LEA Competition: Lee Jun Young (excellence award in 2014)
- Korean Password Forum LSH Competition: Choi Jin-young (grand prize in 2015), Lee Jun-young (excellence prize in 2015), Jeon Jin-soo (participation prize in 2015), Jeong Seok-gyu (participation prize in 2015)
- National password competition by Korea Password Forum : Kim Ji-ye (participation prize in 2016)
- KISBIC Information Security Idea Competition: Lee Donghyeong, Kim Ji Ye (excellence award in 2017)
- Supporting domestic Defcon hacking contest.
Supporting participation in academic conferences and presentation
- NetSec-KR (2014): Supported 3 persons.
- Winter academic meeting, Korean Mathematical Society (2012): Supported 2 persons and delivered a presentation.
- Winter academic meeting, Korea Institute of Information Security & Cryptology (2012): Supported 2 persons and delivered a presentation.
- NetSec-KR (2016): Supported 2 persons. WISA International Conference (2017): Supported 1 person.
- Joint workshop of the Password Research Group/ Next Generation Certification Study Group (2017): Supported 8 persons.
Selected as a participant of 2018 K-mooc (Korean style open online class) first among cyber universities.
- Selected together with Seoul National University, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul National University of Science & Technology, Sejong University, Korea Information Security Society, NSHC Co., Ltd., Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, and SK Corporation.
- The curriculum is composed of <liberal arts course> Easy-to-understand block chains, <Basic major subject> The principle of block chain, block chain and information security, <Advanced major subject> Block Chain Application and Practice. (See the K-Mook's homepage.)
Industry-university collaboration MoU
Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency
Gyeonggi Provincial Police Agency
Information Security Industry Association
Information Security Industry Association
Samyang Data System
Besides, the department is working with GentNet Information Technology (2014), Impact Software (2014), Wise Wires (2012), Korea Information Security Education Center (2008), For Technologies (2006), and Amkor Korea (2005).