Nurturing counseling professionals who promote personal growth andchildcare teachers as experts in parental counseling and family support
Overview of the department
Training professional counseling and psychology experts
In order to cultivate experts who help individuals' healthy development, we specialize in counseling aspects for healthy individual growth and environment, focusing on ecological systems such as children, family, and educational environment.
Composition of specialized courses, systematic knowledge and theory for each field of counseling, and provision of counseling theory necessary in the nursery field
We provide professional knowledge, skills and basic theories of counseling required in modern society through the best faculty and curriculum. Through these, you can acquire professional qualifications in various fields.
Nurturing childcare teachers suitable for childcare sites
We are strengthening our capabilities as specialized experts by acquiring more specialized knowledge required in the field, such as child counseling, parent counseling, and vulnerable childcare.
- Counseling Expert Training Course
- Obtaining a professional counseling certificate according to each developmental stage such as children, adolescents, and parents.
- Training of specialized counseling knowledge through the Sejong Institute for Child and Youth Development and special lectures by external experts
- Acquisition of childcare teacher certificate and childcare teacher certificate for children with disabilities
Two national qualifications can be obtained upon completion of related education courses
- Senior mentoring service for college adaptation for new and transfer students
- Sharing educational infrastructure with Sejong University and benefits from entering the Graduate School of Sejong University
- Offline class classroom, central library, all spaces for student activities are shared with Sejong University
- Scholarship benefits for entering the Graduate School of Sejong University
- Sejong Institute for Children and Youth Development
Establishment of academic linkage system for each life cycle of children, adolescents and families
Certificates you can acquire
Certificates you can acquire
- National Certified Certificate: Childcare Teacher Grade 2, Child Care Teacher for Infants with Disabilities Grade 2, Healthy Family Supporter, Youth Field Specialist Grade 2, Counselor for Juveniles Grade 3, Vocational Counselor Grade 2
- Private Certificate: Child Counselor Grade 3, After School Child Guidance Specialist Grade 2, School Violence Prevention Teacher Grade 2
- Sejong Cyber University Certificate: Child and Family Counseling Specialist (Certificate), Early Childhood Play Counseling Specialist (Certificate), Parent Education Specialist (Certificate), Child Art Instructor (Certificate), Self-Directed Learning Coaching Instructor (Certificate), Multicultural Society Expert Grade 2 (Certificate of Completion), Child English Education Specialist (Certificate), Parent Counseling Family Support Specialist (Certificate), Learning Clinic Specialist (Certificate)
Fields You Can Enter
- Counseling field: Establishment of counseling institutions and research institutes for children and families, counseling institutions for parents, multi-cultural families, infants and children
- Childcare field: Government officials of national administrative agencies in the field related to child care and welfare, nursery teachers or directors of daycare centers, child development experts, etc.
- Welfare field: Social welfare facilities related to children and adolescents, Our Community Care Center, and elementary care classes
- Coaching/Instructor Field: enhance the youth's potential and academic achievement in youth-related facilities, various training activities to strengthen the social adaptability of the youth, planning, operation, guidance and education of various cultural and exchange programs