The Department of Child Studies and Education,nurturing experts in childcare fields that helps parents' growth along with healthy development of infants
Overview of the department
Training of experts in child care sites
In order to foster experts who help healthy development of children, the Department of Child Studies and Education cultivates experts at child care sites by emphasizing the theoretical aspects related to child development, childcare, and early childhood education, as well as the integrated approach of field practice. In addition, all courses for obtaining a second-degree certification for child care teachers are prepared from 2017, including a curriculum that meets the criteria for second-degree qualification for child care teachers, a nine-course class operation plan for face-to-face education, and the establishment of a related bachelor's system. Also, a curriculum for the qualification for teaching infants with disabilities is organized so that students can acquire the expertise required in the field.
Composition of courses necessary for re-education of child care teachers
By differentiating itself from other university's child-related departments, which focus on fostering child care teachers, we are opening and providing courses that address the actual needs of teachers who are currently engaged in child care. Through these training sessions, we help you grow into an expert in child care.
New training course for childcare teachers
For the first time in cyber universities, a new curriculum for competency enhancement of childcare teachers is established, enabling you to qualify to work as an expert in the field of parental counseling and family support at child care sites.
- Curriculum for the Acquisition of Child Care Teacher's Certificate
- Complete face-to-face course: Practical classes required by offline classes and on-site classes with field experts
- Childcare Practice: Full practice is possible through a daycare center under the university agreement and a daycare center run by senior alumni.
- Complete re-education course for teachers who already have childcare teacher license
Curriculum for specialized knowledge related to childcare and counseling in tune with times
- The First Capacity Enhancement Program for Childcare Teachers in Cyber Universities
Newly established Parent Counseling Family Support Specialist Course.
- Sejong Institute for Children and Youth Development
Establishment of academic linkage system for each life cycle of children, adolescents and families
- Supporting practice sites through cooperation with about 500 daycare centers nationwide
- Sharing educational infrastructure with Sejong University and benefits for entering Sejong University Graduate School
- Sharing offline lecture rooms, central library, and all spaces for student activities with Sejong University
- Scholarship benefits for entering Sejong University Graduate School
Certificates you can acquire
Certificates you can acquire
- National Certified Certificate: Childcare Teacher Grade 2, Child Care Teacher for Infants with Disabilities Grade 2, Healthy Family Supporter, Youth Field Specialist Grade 2, Counselor for Juveniles Grade 3, Vocational Counselor Grade 2
- Private Certificate: Child Counselor Grade 3, After School Child Guidance Specialist Grade 2, School Violence Prevention Teacher Grade 2
- Sejong Cyber University Certificate: Child and Family Counseling Specialist (Certificate), Early Childhood Play Counseling Specialist (Certificate), Parent Education Specialist (Certificate), Child Art Instructor (Certificate), Self-Directed Learning Coaching Instructor (Certificate), Multicultural Society Expert Grade 2 (Certificate of Completion), Child English Education Specialist (Certificate), Parent Counseling Family Support Specialist (Certificate), Learning Clinic Specialist (Certificate)
Fields You Can Enter
- Childcare field: Government officials of national administrative agencies in the field related to child care and welfare, nursery teachers or directors of daycare centers, child development experts, etc.
- Counseling field: Establishment of counseling institutions and research institutes for children and families, counseling institutions for parents, multi-cultural families, infants and children
- Care Field: Our Village's Childrearing Center, Elementary Care Classroom