Department of Youth studies at Sejong Cyber University,
an educational platform where you can learnyouth guidance, youth counseling, and youth coaching simultaneously
Overview of the department
The Department of Youth studies is a practical department where anyone can learn "Youth Guidance," "Youth Counseling" and "Youth Coaching" simultaneously, anytime, anywhere, easily under the vision of "A Happy World for Youth!"
- Parents suffering from child problems: We help you understand your children and empathize with their emotions.
- Preliminary youth leaders: We cultivate practical talents through theory and field experience.
- Youth leaders in the field: We cultivate competitive talents with content that reflects the latest trends.
- Youth guidance, youth counseling, and youth coaching at the same time!
- Exemption from written test or granting qualification to take the national qualification only by completing the curriculum that meets the national qualification requirements
- Certificate of completion can be issued through operating a practical training course linked to the practice site
- The first Learning Clinic Expert Course among cyber universities
- A learning clinic expert course is operated in cooperation with a learning coaching institution (TestOn) that enables learning diagnosis and learning consulting for youth
- You can acquire learning diagnosis skills and practice learning tools (board games, action learning, etc.) only with completing the course, and work as professional instructor with issuance of a certificate of completion.
- Establishment of academic linkage system for each life cycle of children, adolescents, and families
By establishing an education system that maximizes the life cycle linkage between the Department of Child Studies and Education, Department of Youth studies, and Department of Child and Family Counseling, students can acquire integrated knowledge and ability to view throughout life.
- Benefits of scholarship and working experience
- Selected as a participating institution for “College Student Youth Education Support Project (Dispatch of Education Mentors)” in connection with the Korea Scholarship Foundation
- If enrolled students are working as educational mentors at out-of-school youth support centers or regional children's centers, they can have career experience in youth guidance while being supported for activities expenses.
- Operation of "Sejong Children and Youth Development Research Institute"
- Establishing the only research paradigm emphasizing the harmonious connection between children, teenagers and family-related studies among cyber universities
- Systematical support for the training of talent, R&D, community education and consulting, academic publishing, and preparation for certification
- "Dream Scholarship" to guarantee out-of-school youth's right to education
The only "Dream Scholarship" among cyber universities at the time of admission to guarantee the right to education for out-of-school youths supported by out-of-school youth support centers (Kkum-Dream), alternative schools, youth shelters, and youth self-supporting centers
- Intensive support for preparing national qualifications in the youth field
- Special classes for youth instructor (Grade 2), youth counselor (Grade 3), and vocational counselor (Grade 2) certification
- Inviting seniors who succeeded in acquiring qualifications and mock interviews
- "Special Lectures on Certificates" big issues in the field of youth problems
- Special lectures through which students can professionally deal with big youth issues such as internet smartphone addiction, youth runaway, and learning coaching
- Enhancement of professionalism and employment competitiveness with the issuance of completion certificates through invitational education of the best youth experts in Korea
- Value realization through active club activities
Opportunities to participate in the Sejong Cheongsamo (a group that loves the youth) to explore youth practice sites and experience volunteer work
- Providing opportunities to acquire on-site practical knowledge
- Combining theory and practical learning through a rich network of human resources such as youth counseling, youth running away from home, school suspension, and joint forums
- Gain a working sense by holding regular case presentations of students and seniors working at the actual practice site